J-Flash ARM V4.78j opens unwanted User-Dialog when using through command line

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• J-Flash ARM V4.78j opens unwanted User-Dialog when using through command line

Hello!

I'm using JFlash ARM v4.78j through command line.
    Is there any possibility to execute J-Flash without additional user action being neccessary and with the returned error code as only feedback?

My problem is:
    When executing my command, the gui opens and starts a user dialog, asking, whether the user wants to update to the latest firmware. This message pops up after every command (e.g. connect, verify, ...) and gets really annoying. Of course updating will temporary resolve this, but I can't control, whether this will be the case with other computers.
    Moreover I don't want the user to interact with the program in any way. So when the Flasher is not connected, I don't want the user to interact. I only need the errorcode to detect if anything failed.
    Is this possible?

Thanks in advance!

The post was edited 1 time, last by Ellmar ().

• Hi Elmar,

The "new firmware is available" dialog is not suppressible for good reason.
    New firmware versions are only released if there is a good reason for it (bugfixing, serious improvements).
    So far, this should also not be a problem on your side, since what you are planning to do sounds like you are planning to provide something for your production guys.
    Usually, in the production, the software version as well as the production tools (here Flasher or J-Link) are well defined, since production should be done with the same setup you tested it before.
    Otherwise you can not guarantee for anything...
    So if you make sure that the units used for production are once setup to run at least at the firmware version that comes with the specified J-Link software version (in your case V4.78j),
    no of your production guys will ever see this message.

Best regards
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.