Friday, February 23rd 2018, 7:46am UTC+1

You are not logged in.

• Login
  • Register

Dear visitor, welcome to SEGGER Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Bruce1

Beginner

Date of registration: Oct 4th 2013

Monday, November 4th 2013, 3:45pm

Clarification appreciated: licence requirements for ARM-7 flash programming

Hello, The J-link manual indicates that *some* flash programming can be done without a specific programming licence. I work with an Olimex LPC-L2294 target board (NXP ARM-7 CPU), could someone please tell me whether I need a specific, additional licence to program the program code NVR? THanks

SEGGER - Alex

Super Moderator

Date of registration: Dec 18th 2007

Tuesday, November 5th 2013, 10:48am

Hi,

Flash download via the J-Link DLL is free in general.
An additional license is necessary for the J-Flash production programming software and for the "unlimited number of breakpoints in flash memory" feature.

Quoted

I work with an Olimex LPC-L2294 target board (NXP ARM-7 CPU), could someone please tell me whether I need a specific, additional licence to program the program code NVR?

No, you do not need an additional license to program the internal flash of this MCU.

Best regards
Alex