Problems using J-Link with CrossStudio on Ubuntu 12.04

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Problems using J-Link with CrossStudio on Ubuntu 12.04

Hello everyone,

I've got problems getting my J-Link to work on Ubuntu 12.04. After installing the J-Link .deb package and trying to connect to the debugger within CrossStudio I get the error:

Source Code

1. "The file "JLinkARM.so" does not exist, set the "J-Link DLL File" target property to point to the JLinkARM.so file."

or in CrossStudio 3.0 RC:

Source Code

1. "The file "libjlinkarm.so.4" does not exist, set the "J-Link DLL File" target property to point to the libjlinkarm.so.4 file."

I then manually set the paths to "libjlinkarm.so.4" stored in /opt/SEGGER/JLink which causes the following output:

Source Code

1. "Cannot access /opt/SEGGER/JLink/libjlinkarm.so.4".

I tried to change the file permissions to 777 and I tried running CrossStudio as root which obviously didn't help.

Hope someone can help me out
    Alex
  • Hi Alex,

Sorry to say, but so far we can not reproduce this problem here.

Best regards
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Alex,

thanks for your help! I got it resolved. The Problem is that CrossStudio is a 32Bit app and thus needs the 32bit jlink library. Unfortunatly the 64Bit .deb package providing on the download site comes without a 32Bit library. I manually copied it from the i386 package and it works just fine! Maybe you can include the 32Bit library in the next version of the 64Bit .deb package.

best regards
    Alex