Fatal error: Could not power up debug port: Control/Status register reads 2BA01477

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Fatal error: Could not power up debug port: Control/Status register reads 2BA01477

The message in subject is the error I get via j-link commander, or via IAR>download and debug
    I have got one Iar lpc1788 sk by olimex. All worked fine, but this morning when I try to download on flash memory one iar example project I got this error message.
    My probe is J-link v9.
    Can you help me?
  • Hi,

Sounds like the board you are using no longer communicates properly on the debug interface.
    The value 0x2BA01477 should never be read when reading the Ctrl/Stat register on the debug logic level, since this is the value of the ID register.
    Most of the time such problems show up if the application on the target does some "evil" things that prevent proper debugging.
    Examples:
    - Watchdog which is not handled properly and continuously resets the device. If the reset occurs in the middle of a communication sequence, such errors can occur.
    - Using some kind of low power mode (WFI/WFE instruction in the application) which also disables some clocks that are necessary for debugging to work correctly.

Unfortunately, the LPC1788 does not provide a way to connect to the device from the debugger side while holding the core in reset.
    One thing you could try is to bring the device into "boot in ISP mode" which enables the debug interface but does not start the target application, since the device boots to be prepared to be programmed via UART.
    In this state, the debugger should be able to connect to the device (since the bad code does not run) and re-program the flash.

Best regards
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.
    Yes, it is a bit unfortunate that there is no generic concept from ARM for such cases...
    We are currently working on a improvement regarding connecting to devices which switch into low power mode relatively shortly after boot-up.
    We expect to have this improvement available some time in November.

Best regards
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.