Flasher ARM not working in stand-alone

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Flasher ARM not working in stand-alone

Hi,

I'm trying to program a custom board with the Flasher ARM. I've been using J-Link for some time but we are entering production so I need the Flasher to work in stand-alone mode. So, connected via USB on my PC, I did "Download config & data file to Flasher" and "Download Serial number file to Flasher". Success here.

Then, I unplug the USB cable from the PC and plug it in the AC-DC adpater. Green LED is flashing. I connect the JTAG to my board, hit the button and the red LED lights up.

Here is the log:

ERROR: Failed to erase sector 128 @ address 0x10000000 (Algo135: Data flash access violation.
    Address is outside of da)
    SN: 0 - Failed
    ERROR: Could not read data for SN=0 from file "SNList.txt"
    ERROR: Could not read data for SN=0 from file "SNList.txt"
    ERROR: Failed to download RAMCode.
    ERROR: Failed to erase sector 128 @ address 0x10000000 (Algo135: Data flash access violation.
    Address is outside of da)

Please note that if I try to flash the code from J-Link, with the same project, same serial number file and with the Flasher ARM, it works.

Thanks,
  • Hi,

The same question I ask almost everyone... (seems to be pretty hard to provide *useful* information in case of error descriptions are given...)
    *What* device are you using?

I guess it is a Freescale Kinetis device but there are different ones and almost all of them *are* different.

Best regards
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Sorry...

I'm using:

- MK20DX128VLH5.
    - J-Link (for debugging, firmware up-to-date)
    - Flasher ARM (for production, firmware up-to-date)
    - Needle adapter (10pins)
    - J-Flash ARM v4.70a
    - As a base J-Flash project, I used the example provided upon installation of J-Flash (Freescale MK20DX128xxx5 (allow security))).

Thanks.
  • It's been more than a week I'm still looking for some help here. Production has started (without standalone) but it's not what we desired (we bought a Flasher for the standalone option).

Anybody??
    Thanks
    DT
  • Hi,

This is not a support forum where you have demand on first-class support and getting a solution in a specified timeframe.
    This is a forum which is mainly designed to allow users to post their problems and probably get help from other users...
    Customers who own a SEGGER J-Link/J-Trace/Flasher, are still in the support period, should get in touch with the SEGGER J-Link Support directly.

Best regards
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.