Accessing Embedded Internal Flash (2MB) on STM32F429I-EVAL board

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Accessing Embedded Internal Flash (2MB) on STM32F429I-EVAL board

I am working on STM32F429I-EVAL board with JLINK (Ver 4.76e) as Probe. I have successfully loaded and executed the hello world program on Internal Embedded SRAM (0x20000000; Size = 192K).

But I am unable to access Embedded Internal Flash (0x08000000; Size = 2MB).

Moreover, Internal Flash is working fine with STM32 ST-LINK Utility (Version 3.1.0)

Is there any programming sequence to enable this Flash?

Is there any multiplexing by default?

The post was edited 2 times, last by hafizqasim ().

• Hi,

What do you mean with "But I am unable to access Embedded Internal Flash"?
    Do you mean reading the flash does not work?
    Programming it does not work?
    What IDE / environment / utility are you using in order to "access" the flash?

Best regards
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi,

I am trying to load/Flash my binary on Internal Flash (Address: 0x08000000; Size 2MB) using JLINK (V4.76e) but it is not loading; see attached image for error message

However, If I try to load and then execute program on Internal Ram only (SRAM; Address: 0x20000000; Size=192K) using JLINK, it is loading and executing fine.

Moreover, If I try to load and then execute program in Internal Flash and Internal RAM using STM32 ST-LINK Utility, It is loading and executing fine.

Also, If I try to load and then execute program in PSRAM (Address: 0x68000000; Size = 64MB), it is not loaded

Tools and Tech Used: Sourcery Code Bench and JLINK

• Hi,

So you are using J-Link + GDBServer for downloading into flash.
    Did you follow the instructions in UM08005 (GDBServer User Guide) for enabling flash download via GDBServer?
    segger.com/jlink-software.html

Basically it is:
    Select the correct device in the GDBServer configuration dialog shown at startup and then just perform a regular download into flash as you would do into RAM.
    That's it.

Best regards
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.