Segger 4.76c VS 4.52

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Segger 4.76c VS 4.52

Today i upgraded my segger 4.52 to 4.76c (the latest online).

Unfortunately it doesn't work with my evaluation board. I'm using an lpc4357 with embedded artists board and iar.

For my tests, i download the file directly in ram.

Before the upgrade it works but after... When i debug the program, it is downloaded in ram correctly but don't start at the correct address. The first location is random (or so) at address 0x1axxxxxx and 0x1bxxxxxx (it is internal flash).

To continue my work, i downgrade to my previous version and it works again like a sharm.

My jlink is a very old version (yellow box with hardware 4.0).

Thanks
  • Hi,

Today i upgraded my segger 4.52 to 4.76c (the latest online).

The latest version online is V4.76e...

The old version of the DLL did not perform a correct system reset, resulting in all peripherals not being reset
    and the LPC18xx / LPC43xx boot ROM loader not being executed correctly, so the target was not really in a reset state.
    Which caused a lot of unwanted side effects for most customers.

My jlink is a very old version (yellow box with hardware 4.0).

Please note that
    a) Your J-Link is an OEM version and so not covered by direct support.
    b) Is a very old hardware revision, which has not been designed to be used with Cortex-M devices (

Do we understand you correctly?: You are debugging in internal RAM, correct?
    If yes: For the LPC43xx devices, the correct way for debugging in internal RAM is to re-download the application after a reset has been issued in the debugger because the ROM bootloader of the LPC43xx overwrites some portions of RAM.
    This also includes manual correction of PC + stackpointer after reset. The way to reset the core only is not the right one, since this leaves all peripherals (also DMAs etc.) active which is definitely not the reset state assumed by most applications.

Best regards
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Thanks for your reply.

I know, my jlink is very old but at the moment it works and i'm very happy. I just warned you about this issue on the last file i found on your site. I don't have a real need of your support infact i downgraded the files and it works again.

I don't know you can't give support for this kinda of programmer and yes.. it's oem. I bought it with a lpc board (years ago).

About the ram, i'm using the external ram.

Thanks for your nice support!