secure chip via J-Flash on STM32050

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• secure chip via J-Flash on STM32050

Hello,

I am working with a STM32K050K4, a J-Link V8.0 and software package 4.76e. When I try to secure my chip via
    J-Flash I get a "Chip secured successfully" message however, the chip is not secured after that. (Of course I did
    a Vcc reset after securing the chip).

Am I doing something wrong or is the "secure chip" feature not supported on the STM32F050s?

Best Regards,
    Chris
  • Hi Chris,

Since the STM32F0 supports different levels of Chip protection and they can
    easily be set via an data file being programmed, they are not handled by "secure chip".
    All you need to do is selecting the STM32F050 selection which supports option byte programming ("allow opt. bytes").
    Please find attached a pre-configured project.
    For more information regarding option byte programming in J-Flash, please refer to UM08003, chapter 7.6.
    segger.com/admin/uploads/productDocs/UM08003_JFlashARM.pdf
    STM32F050K4_AllowOptBytes.zip

Best regards
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Alex,

thanks for the quick answer. In this case it would be nice to get some warning message instead of "successfuly secured".
    I think this is a bit confusing.

Maybe setting Level 1 would be the thing 90+% of developers would expect to happen by calling this command since Level 2
    really blocks the device and Level 1 is more or less the same as on other STM32s.

Best Regards,
    Chris