ARM9 dev kit with Linux

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• ARM9 dev kit with Linux

Hi all, I am a student in a college, for an experimental project we shall need an ARM9 based development kit, with the SDRAM of at least 64M, ethernet, audio and LCD connection. Better would it be if there would be linux OS planted in it. I have been looking around for a long time and found nothing exactly meets my requirement. Since you guys have much more experiences in this area than me, would you plz recommend one to me? thanks a lot!
  • I would recommend you the Toshiba starterkit BMSKTOPASA910, it comes with complete BSP from Segger (all Segger products run on this starterkit) but you can also run linux on it (please contact BPlan bplan.com or Toshiba for more linux details).
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello!
    I'm back with good news! First of all thanks for your kind recommendation! It is really nice!
    And beside this I finally found one kit named AT2440 yesterday at www.developmentboard.net
    . What do you guys think of it?
    I think it would be perfect for me. The board is nice, it meets all
    of my requiremenst, and contains all the necessary accessaries. The
    price is reasonable. And the company in China would provide me English
    instruction files, so I can modify it by myself in the future and learn
    more about the embedded things.
    I found that development kits from China are really cheap, maybe you guys should try this http://www.developmentboard.net next time when you need some boards.

Wuke
  • Hello Wuke,

the board looks nice but I don't think that this board is really cheap because you also need a JTAG emulator.
    If you buy e.g. a Toshiba starterkit BMSKTOPASA910 the JTAG emulator J-Link is already included.
    And I am not sure if I would like to buy a evalboard from somewhere in China, but that is only my personal
    opinion.
    You could be also interested in olimex.com
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • SEGGER - Til wrote:

Hello Wuke,

the board looks nice but I don't think that this board is really cheap because you also need a JTAG emulator.
    If you buy e.g. a Toshiba starterkit BMSKTOPASA910 the JTAG emulator J-Link is already included.
    And I am not sure if I would like to buy a evalboard from somewhere in China, but that is only my personal
    opinion.
    You could be also interested in olimex.com
    Hi Segger,
    thank you so much for your kindest advice.
    I have bought this board for more than one month, it can be emulated with SkyEye, so I only have to buy one development board for the HW part.
    And this board from China is really great, so far it has been performing quit amazingly. And the supplier Hiteg has had everything necessary inclosed, all hardwares and softwares. You know in China they have many "free" stuffs :) and I also appreciate their ncie service, excellent!
    Thanks again for your information.

Wuke