Odometer-like control

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Odometer-like control

I am attempting to create a mechanical odometer-like control. I want it to look and behave very much like the LISTVIEW widget (endless spinning of data set and bitmap background image seen through the list of spinning objects) except there is no user control of the wheel, I need to control the spin manually in software, and there is no highlight or selection - it just spins with time or other input that I will provide. Also, the list I want to spin is a bitmap image - not a list of numbers - this way I can get the image of the spinning device to look exactly as I want with hash marks, etc.

I have attempted to implement this by drawing my bitmap image to a memory device, then getting an index into the memory device based on my offset and then copying that portion of the image onto another memory device of the background. I then move this to the screen. This works well but it so computationally intensive that I run out of processor time before the next update is due and the machine comes to a crawl.

Any suggestions on a better and faster way to achieve this result?

Thanks.
  • Hello,

Please understand, that we have to ask you to direct this support request directly to the binary library supplier. We have an agreement with them, that includes their right to provide our emWin software as library and their obligation to support their customers. They have not paid us to support their customers.

However we can offer a support contract or the sources of our software which entitles you to receive direct support from SEGGER. Is this of interest for you?

Best regards,
    Adrian
  • Adrian,

We have purchased full source code for emWin, not just the binary, as well as emFile and embOS. I was of the understanding that with that purchase came "factory" support including this forum, not just the local sales rep.

Ken