Attaching Jlink-JTAG with FriendlyARM Mini2440(ARM9) for debugging code on board using QtCreator

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Attaching Jlink-JTAG with FriendlyARM Mini2440(ARM9) for debugging code on board using QtCreator

Hi,

I have Jlink-JTAG with serial no:058006790, and trying to connect to FriendlyARM Mini 2440(pic attached) using Qt creator....i have worked all the commands in the manuals but not succeded..required help..

My Initial configurations...on Board

1) Setup up the GDBserver compiled for arm-linux and place in home folder of the board..

2) Running the following commands from the folder

>[root@FriendlyARM gdbserver]# ./gdbserver :2331 /home/ggg (here ggg is the simple GUI program created in qtcreator and cross compile for arm-linux)

Process /home/ggg created; pid = 712
    Listening on port 2331

On Host Machine(UBUNTU 12.04)..

1) Started ./StartJLinkGDBServer.sh ...JTAG Connected (picture 1 in attachment)

2) Started qtcreator with the same program running on the board,in release board..

3) Then in tools->options->Debugger->GDB-> in GDB Startup Script placed the file "JLinkGDBServer.ini" provided by segger

4) In qtcreator, Debug->Start Debugging->Start and Attach to remote application ..Settings are as per Picture 3

5) After presseing the ok buttion...the qt creator shows Debugging starts.

6) But in the Jlink-GDBServer (Picture 5) shows starting the CPU and then it holds on ...nothing happens

7) If i press the Debug.. interrupt buttion in qtcreator the output of Jlink-GDB Server will close with Segmenation

...What is the problem..is it with board or my settings..please suggest me ..worked more than a week to get upto hear....i want actually debug qt creator codes..please help me..waiting for your reply..pls provide any steps for correct excecution..if anyone as correct .gdbinit file for the friendlyarm mini2440 pls mail me to yravi1484@gmail.com
    Images
    • picture 1.png

197.62 kB, 1,280×800, viewed 1,351 times
    • picture 3.png

117.22 kB, 1,280×800, viewed 1,082 times
    • Picture 5.png

242.03 kB, 1,280×800, viewed 991 times
  • Hi,

3) Then in tools->options->Debugger->GDB-> in GDB Startup Script placed the file "JLinkGDBServer.ini" provided by segger

This is *not* a gdbinit file. It has nothing to do with gdbinit files. It is a settings file of J-Link GDBServer where it stores some of its startup settings.

If I understand you correctly, you are trying to do the following:

Setup: Host PC, running ubuntu, J-Link GDBServer, Qt creator.
    Connection list: Host PC -> Qt Creator -> J-Link GDBServer -> J-Link -> Mini2440

Not sure if Qt Creator is designed for debugging an embedded system.
    Not sure if it is designed for embedded debugging at all.

Could you please explain in more detail, what you are trying to do?

Please understand that we can not provide support for third party software (in this case Qt creator).
    Embedded target debugging via GDBServer + ARM/RX/... GDB works fine so far.

Best regards
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.