Using Icon View Widget

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Using Icon View Widget

Hello,

My post looks very lengthy, but i want to explain in detail, which will reduce implicit thinking if any.

I am using the iconview widget and want to add some of the bitmap files on that created iconview widget. When i am defining all the bitmap's upfront as shown in the example (WIDGET_Iconview.c) everything is fine. What i am trying to achieve is to add the bitmap files on some button click events which goes in the way in which i have mentioned below.

1) I am creating a window and then creating the iconview widget on that window using that window handler.
    2) Created two buttons, on that window.
    3) I have defined all the bitmap's which i want to add in the iconview widget.
    4) On click of the buttons, i am trying to add the bitmap's to the already created iconview widget.
    4a) On first button click, one bitmap is created in the iconview widget.
    4b) On second button click, i want to have the second bitmap to be shown next to the first bitmap.

But all the times, i am able to see only one bitmap file at the starting position of the iconview widget, where i want to have the second bitmap to be shown next to the first bitmap file.
    Looks like, second bitmap is also getting shown in the widget and the first bitmap is overlapping the second bitmap --> This is what i am predicting as bitmap's are getting created separately with respect to that individual button clicks.

Is there any constraint that with the iconview widget that we will not be able to add the bitmap files at a position, where we want to add them??

Kindly let me know if there is any other possible way to achieve this as i have even posted in a different thread about the "ICONVIEW_InsertBitmapItem" API to explore using that API as well to display the bitmap files in my icon view widget.
  • Hello,

The problem can be caused by different reasons. From my point of view the function ICONVIEW_InsertBitmapItem() works well. The problem might be caused in case the widget size is to small. Another reason might be inappropriate parameters passed to the function ICONVIEW_InsertBitmapItem(). Please check your application in detail in order to find the problem.

Best regards,
    Adrian
  • Hi Adrian,

Thanks for the reply.

I am making sure that the widget size is good enough to accommodate the bitmap which i am adding to the widget, as i can see the bitmap on the display. What i am trying to gain using this API is to have the second bitmap to be placed on my display at the custom place which i will be passing as a parameter.

Regards,
    Dilip