STM32F407VET6 SWD debug trouble

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• STM32F407VET6 SWD debug trouble

Hi.

I have an ethernet project with the subj. But I can't get a normal debug. Debug process is very very unstable. I have to recycle power of my board, download firmware to flash again and again and WOW debug starts! What could I do to find the source of the problem? I want to get normal debugging wihout «dances with a tambourine» around the board.

The things that I've already tried:

* Changed USB cable with the one what has ferrite beads on it.
    * Applied external clocking 25MHz to OSC_IN pin (with H (KXO-V97T by Geyer)) instead of Xtal OSC. (HSEBYP was enabled to bypass embedded oscillator).
    * Used various power sources (battery, laboratory regulated linear DC, j-link power).

Lines to 20 pin connector are short. The PCB has 4 layers. May be I should try JTAG? Is it more stable than SWD?

I've KEIL with limitations. The project goal is academic research (DC/AC convertor) but power parts are disconnected now.

Thanks.

The post was edited 2 times, last by sheinv ().

• Hi,

Could you please check the signal quality of the JTAG/SWD signals?
    Maybe there are noises from another line which cause "clocks" onm the SWCLK line bringing the communication out of sync,
    since the debug interface receives intermittent clocks where there should not be any.

What if ethernet is not used at all?
    Just a simple project that looks like this:

volatile int Cnt;

void main() {
    do {
    Cnt++;
    Cnt++;
    Cnt++;
    Cnt++;
    } while(1);
    }

Does this work stable?
    What about checking with an official eval board. Does the eval board work stable?

Best regards
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi,

Thanks for your attention to my problem. :)

The issue was resolved by changing a partially broken DP83848 that was connected to my STM32F407VET6. It was difficult to trace the source of the problem. My Ethernet now is working fine and debug via SWD too.

Thanks.

The post was edited 13 times, last by sheinv ().

• Hi,

Good to hear that everything is working for you, now.

Best regards
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.