J-Link Ultra+ Not working with Atmel SAM4L

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• J-Link Ultra+ Not working with Atmel SAM4L

I have a J-Link Ultra+ that I'm trying to use with an Atmel ATSAML4C. It's a relatively new part (released last November) but it uses a Cortex M4 and product literature says that J-Link should be compatible with it. I'm running this over the SWD interface.

The issue specifically is that when I try to debug it using IAR EWARM, I get an error saying something like "Current firmware version does not support explicit set/clear TCK". However if I use Ateml Studio 6.0 to do some diagnostics, I can read the device and supposedly download a hex file and read it back, though the part doesn't seem to run the software.

As per wiring recommendations, I have just Vt_ref (to Vcc), GND, RESET (to NRESET on the part), JTAG_TMS/SWDIO, and JTAG_TCLK/SWCLK. And SWDIO has a 100K pullup to Vcc. Just as a sanity check, I plugged this into an STM32L Discovery board (modified so it has to use an external debugger) and it worked just fine.
  • Hi,

We will take a look at this and provide feedback as soon as we have any results.

Best regards
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.