Flashing with command tool

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Flashing with command tool

Hello there,
    Im all new to segger and arm programming and i was wondering if anyone could explain me (i had hard time finding it) how can i flash my at91sam7x256 using segger command line tool.
    Is there a way to specify the patch of the .elf file, either i want to flash rom or ram?
    Any help would be aprichiated.
  • Hi,

What do you mean with "segger command line tool"?
    Please always specify the correct(!) name of the product you are working with, otherwise providing help is always a bit difficult since we first have to guess what software you are using...

I assume that you mean J-Link Commander (there are also other command line utilities in the J-Link software package...).

Please refer to J-Link User Guide (UM08001), chapter 6.4.4 which describes how to perform download into internal flash via J-Link Commander.
    Currently, only bin files are supported by J-Link Commander. *.elf files are not supported (yet) but there are many free utilities out there which allow converting elf files into bin files...

Best regards
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.