Setting up JLink in LinuxMint14

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Setting up JLink in LinuxMint14

I've searched fairly thoroughly, but others seem to at least be able to run "./JLinkExe" and get a command line server. I try this on LinuxMint14 (64bit) and it comes back with "No such file or directory". HEre's what I've done (on two machines, real and a virtual)

1. Extracted the SW
    2. From the JLink_Linux_V462a folder, typed "sudo cp libjlinkarm.* /usr/lib". The files copied over ok.
    3. Typed sudo ldconfig and I get "/sbin/ldconfig.real: /usr/lib/jlinkarm.so.4 is not a symbolic link" (I suspect the problem is here...)
    4. Any combination thereafter of adding paths, restarting the machine, using bash / sudo / referencing sh scripts or the executable just results in "command not found" "sh: 0: Can't open ./JLinkExe.sh" or "no such file or directory" messages. Like I said, I've tried adding paths and checking with the <env> command.

I'm assuming with the above:

a. I can run this on a 64bit machine
    b. Not having the 32bit libusb isn't going to affect trying to at least run JLinkExe

Help me Obi Wan...
  • Hi,

We are not aware of any problems, but we will try to reproduce it here.

"sh: 0: Can't open ./JLinkExe.sh" or "no such file or directory"
    The name of the shell script is StartJLinkExe.sh instead of JLinkExe.sh
    Could you please try following command:

Source Code

1. sudo ./StartJLinkExe.sh

and post the output of the terminal window?

If the libraries are copied correctly

Source Code

1. sudo ./JLinkExe

should start J-Link Commander, too.

Best regards,
    Johannes
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.