Experience with GDBServer and NOR Flash

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Experience with GDBServer and NOR Flash

Hello,

I would like to add my experience with programming an external Spansion NOR Flash on NXP LPC2478.

Be carefull during writting parameters to the GDB Server. I made a mistake the flash was 16MB and I set a lower address range -> 8MB
    (monitor flash CFI = 0x80000000-0x80FFFFFF). (Un)fortunately JLink software reads CFI info to perform write/erase timing and number of sectors etc. This led to a confusion of the JLink (GDBServer assumed 8MB, CFI 16MB) with a result: ERROR: Programming failed @ address 0x81000000 (item verification error).

Based on this experience I assume you cannot virtualy divide the flash into two partitions, one for code 8MB, second for data.

Best
    Martin

[edit]
    corrected grammatical discrepancy

The post was edited 1 time, last by wella-tabor ().

• Hi Martin,

(Un)fortunately JLink software reads CFI info to perform write/erase timing and number of sectors etc.

J-Link MUST read the CFI information to get information about the sectorization.

I made a mistake the flash was 16MB and I set a lower address range -> 8MB

Has been fixed in V4.62b
    segger.com/jlink-software.html

Best regards
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.