[SOLVED]STM32L151RC erase chip

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED]STM32L151RC erase chip

Hello,

I have a quick question about erase chip feature. When I perform a read back after erasing my chip, I read all 0xFF in the memory. What I do not understand, why after calling FLASH_ErasePage(address) in the firmware, the page erase to all 0x00. I am confused why JFlash software erase to 0xFF and not when I am calling the erase function in the source code. It's like two behaviours. Also, it takes a long time to erase the chip.. what I think, maybe the JFlash software forces write to 0xFF during the erase operation?

Thanks for your feedback.
  • Hello,

Which version of J-Flash are you using?
    There was a bug in old versions,
    but current versions should successfully erase the chip to 0x00.

We always recommend to use the current version of the J-Link software package,
    downloadable at segger.com/jlink-software.html

This should also speed up erasing and programming the chip.

Best regards
    Johannes
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi,

I'd like to have a confirmation that 4.50m was already fixed? This release was pretty new already.

Any release was pretty at the time it was released...
    It is actually from July 2012, so more than 6 months old...

Is that bug was present on version 4.50m?

Yes, should be fixed since V4.58, the same time the data flash support for the STM32L have been added.

Best regards
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.