New project workspace

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New project workspace

I'm using the IAR AVR32 compiler. I created a new workspace for the main.c demo application start2tasks. I added the required embos files - OS_Error.c, RTOS_INIT*, RTOS.h and library file osavr32alladp.r82, I get no errors when I compile. But, when I debug, I get the following message:

Thu Jun 05 01:52:29 2008: The stack pointer for stack 'Application' (currently Memory:0x0) is outside the stack range (Memory:0xD000 to Memory:0xF000)

What am I missing? I added the other setup files one at a time, but no solution to the problem. It must be some linker property I'm missing.

I'm trying to get a clean project folder with only those sources I'm using and not all the unused demo code hanging around to archive.

My next task is to start adding the drivers supplied with the EVK1100 framework - starting with USART. Any advice there? This is my first experience with IAR.
  • Hi Mike,

you have to disable the IAR stack check plugin. You find this in the project settings | debugger | plugins, just deselect the checkbox in front of stack.
    The IAR stack check plugin does not work with the embOS task stacks because it cannot know where the task stacks are located in RAM.

Regards,
    Til
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.