Program a STM8L05 with STM8 Flasher

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Program a STM8L05 with STM8 Flasher

Hi,

I use the STM8 Flasher to program the STM8L052R8T6 CPU and there is not this target CPU in the choices of the software. I tried the STM8L152R8T6 and it works, but I would like toknow if there is a good mean to program my CPU.

Best Regards

Vincent
  • Hello Vincent,

Most STM8 MCUs are similar when it comes to flash programming except for some little differences.
    For the STM8L052R8 and STM8L152R8 the only important difference I can see so far is that the STM8L052R8 has a smaller EEPROM.

This might be a problem when doing a chip erase from the Flasher STM8 Software depending on how the MCU reacts on accessing
    trying to erase a flash block in an area not present. You can select the flash sectors really present with your device and do a sector
    erase instead.

As for programming STM8 flash, flash does not need to be erased first it should not make a difference for you in selecting the STM8L151R8.

We will try to add the STM8L052R8 into the next release so it can be selected regularly.

Best regards,
    Oliver
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.