Can I use ST-LINK/V2 for emBOS demos?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Can I use ST-LINK/V2 for emBOS demos?

Hello,

I am attempting to use:
    Segger emBOS evaluation for STM3240G-EVAL board
    (SeggerEval_STM32F417_ST_STM3240G-EVAL_CM3_IAR_V6_FS_IP_OS_USB_USBH_120706.zip)

Version info:
    emBOS ver. ?; IAR Embedded Workbench for ARM ver. 6.50.1

CPU info:
    STM32F407IGH6

I am evaluating RTOSs for our group.

I started my evaluation, but ran into a snag when attempting to run a demo
    on my eval platform.

I have successfully run demos from other vendors using the ST-LINK/V2 as my debug interface.
    However, when attempting to run the emBOS demo with my IAR IDE with the Segger eval project
    re-configured for the ST-LINK/V2 debug interface, the code fails to download. (See attached log file.)
    I spent quite a bit of time going over settings and files to see what I might have missed, but found nothing obvious to me.

I do not have a separate JTAG debugger, so I borrowed a J-Trace from another engineer, and found this connection worked without issues.
    Unfortunately, he needs his J-Trace back ASAP, so it appears without access to a Segger JTAG debug module
    I do not have a way to do my evaluation benchmark tests on emBOS.

Could you please let me know if there is something I can do (e.g., setting or file change) to enable me to run the demo apps using the
    my eval board and the ST-LINK/V2 debug interface.

Thanks
    Files
  • Hello,

I just checked it with ST-Link/V2 and it works without any problems.
    I guess you did not enable "Use flash loader(s)" in IAR settings -> Debugger -> Download.
    This option is not necessary for J-Link since J-Link uses it's own internal flash loaders but for ST-Link this option must be enabled.

Could you please check this and let me know if this solves your problem?

Best regards,
    Til
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.