Monday, October 23rd 2017, 10:35pm UTC+2

You are not logged in.

• Login
  • Register

Dear visitor, welcome to SEGGER Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

stevea

Beginner

Date of registration: Nov 28th 2012

Thursday, November 29th 2012, 2:27pm

Can I use ST-LINK/V2 for emBOS demos?

Hello,

I am attempting to use:
Segger emBOS evaluation for STM3240G-EVAL board
(SeggerEval_STM32F417_ST_STM3240G-EVAL_CM3_IAR_V6_FS_IP_OS_USB_USBH_120706.zip)

Version info:
emBOS ver. ?; IAR Embedded Workbench for ARM ver. 6.50.1

CPU info:
STM32F407IGH6

I am evaluating RTOSs for our group.

I started my evaluation, but ran into a snag when attempting to run a demo
on my eval platform.

I have successfully run demos from other vendors using the ST-LINK/V2 as my debug interface.
However, when attempting to run the emBOS demo with my IAR IDE with the Segger eval project
re-configured for the ST-LINK/V2 debug interface, the code fails to download. (See attached log file.)
I spent quite a bit of time going over settings and files to see what I might have missed, but found nothing obvious to me.

I do not have a separate JTAG debugger, so I borrowed a J-Trace from another engineer, and found this connection worked without issues.
Unfortunately, he needs his J-Trace back ASAP, so it appears without access to a Segger JTAG debug module
I do not have a way to do my evaluation benchmark tests on emBOS.

Could you please let me know if there is something I can do (e.g., setting or file change) to enable me to run the demo apps using the
my eval board and the ST-LINK/V2 debug interface.

Thanks
stevea has attached the following file:

SEGGER - Til

Super Moderator

Date of registration: Nov 14th 2007

Friday, November 30th 2012, 9:25am

Hello,

I just checked it with ST-Link/V2 and it works without any problems.
I guess you did not enable "Use flash loader(s)" in IAR settings -> Debugger -> Download.
This option is not necessary for J-Link since J-Link uses it's own internal flash loaders but for ST-Link this option must be enabled.

Could you please check this and let me know if this solves your problem?

Best regards,
Til

stevea

Beginner

Date of registration: Nov 28th 2012

Friday, November 30th 2012, 2:35pm

Hello Til,

Thanks for the response.

You are correct. I missed the fact the debugger's "Use flash loaders" was not selected as one of the Download options.

-Steve