Drop Down Crashes

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Drop Down Crashes

Hi,
    I have a simple dialog with a drop down widget and a button widget in it. This was all generated by the GUIBuilder. No logic has been added to the dialog so all it can do is display the drop down and select an item - all built in operations of the drop down. No logic has been added to the button, so all it can do is acknowledge presses by changing color - again a built in behavior. This is running in an RTX task.

I can press the button until the cows come home, watching it change color, and everything is fine. If I interact with the drop down, it will behave normally for 1 to 6 interactions, but then it will open with a trucated list and the system will be at os_error with an error code of 1, which I infer is OS_ERR_STK_OVF. I have tried increasing the system stack and heap, in increments, up to 32kb, as well has my tasks stack, in increments, up to 32kb, but none of this made any difference.

What am I doing wrong? Why is this happening? Am I supposed to be freeing some resource at some point?

Thank You,
    Chuck
  • This issue has been resolved. It was a stack issue, but the non-obvious part was that it was a stack issue in a task other than the one doing the windows interaction. We happen to have a main task that does the GUI_INIT, but nothing else relating to the GUI. In another task all of the windows interaction goes on. So, when the dropdown crashed and indicated stack overflow in os_error, I assumed it was the task that was implementing the dropdown. Not so, it was the task that issued the GUI_INIT, the main task. Your friend here is to put a call to isr_tsk_get() in os_error: to identify the task with the problem. It took me a long time to find out that I should do that.
  • Facing the same issue.

I am using freeRtos, every thing works fine but when i click on drop down box ,i get hardware failure error.

Even increased the Freertos stack size, but unable to rectify the isue.

What could be the possible reasons for this....?

Regards,
    Rohit Mishra.