JLink /SWD support on KWIKSTIK K40

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• JLink /SWD support on KWIKSTIK K40

I am using KWIKSTIK K40 board (J8) 10 pins to connect to my target with PK10DN512 (K10 series) 20 pin ARM JTAG interface

The pin connections are

Vcc 1 1
    TMS 2 7
    GND 3 6
    TCK 4 9
    TD0 6 13
    TDI 8 5
    RST 10 15.

TRST is pulled high with 10K resistor and other pull-up and pull-down are also provided as per JTAG spec.

We are unable to connect to the target the message log is attached.

And will this J-Link support debugging through the J8 connector (JTAG or SWD)

Thanks
    Images
    • J-Link status.jpg

81.99 kB, 680×346, viewed 956 times
  • Hi,

Does the KwikStik work with an eval board?
    If yes, could you please check for differences regarding the JTAG/SWD interface connection on your hardware and on the eval board?

Best regards
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Yes, KWIKSTIK works with the evaluation board.

Now i am able to connect to the target board

But getting this message, i am unable to halt or reset the target

No device found on JTAG chain. Trying to find device on SWD

Info: Found SWD-DP with ID 0x1BA01477

No device found on SWD.

Did not find any core

J-Link>

I am using J-Link Lite_FSL V1 , DLLversion V4.50m,Hardware:1.00

Thanks,

Sriram
  • Hi Sriram,

Did you try with the current version of the DLL (V4.52a) and the current firmware for the J-Link Lite FSL?
    When starting the current version, the DLL should ask for a firmware update of the connected J-Link Lite FSL.

Best regards
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.