[ANSWERED]Running J-Link GDB Server without Installing

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ANSWERED]Running J-Link GDB Server without Installing

Hi,
    We are using J-Link GDB server () for energy micro devices (Energy Micro application Notean0023_efm32_eclipse_toolchain application note (Older
    version)) Everything is perfect But I want to use J-LinkGDBServer without Installation
    I Have Installed it in one PC under SEGGER\JLinkARM_V420h, I just want to Copy the complete folder and paste it to some another PC, my requirement is it should work with minimal changes(Path settings etc). Can you please provide me some solution to achieve this.
    In Nutshell
    SEGGER installed in one system , same setup copied in another
    system how to make it work ?

Rgeargs
  • Hi,

Copy JLinkGDBServer.exe + JLinkARM.dll (+ JLinkGDBServer.ini) and you are in business.

Please note: If on the other PC there was never a J-Link connected before, you need to copy:
    USBDriver\*

and execute InstDrivers.exe.

Best regards
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • [ANSWERED]Running J-Link GDB Server without Installing

Thanks for quick response.
    So without Installing InstDrivers.exe we can't go ahead.
    One more thing is InstDrivers.exe is a silent installer because whenever I am clicking on it its showing nothing i.e. no install window is launched and no confirmation that its successfully installed.

Regards

The post was edited 1 time, last by Horaira ().