Keil, JLink not downloading code

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Keil, JLink not downloading code

Hi All,
    I have the following setup: Keil uVision 4.1, Segger JLink 4.66f (I have manually copied over the segger JlinkARM DLL to my keil install). My target is a TI TMS470M part.
    I can connect to the target and step the target using the JLink. However.... on entry to debug, no attempt is made to either download the code, or verify that the code is correct. I have selected "Flash Download" ON in the settings tab, and also set the device using the "Override device selection" option. I have ensured that all other settings are as in the Segger JLink manual.
    What am I missing? why does my system not attempt a flash download?
    thanks
  • OK, I've tinkered with the settings:
    1) Created a custom device in Keil (I am using a device which Keil does not yet support) which has the same name as the supported device in JLink - TMS470MF06607
    2) Now when I start the debugger, Keil uVision crashes.
    any thoughts?
  • Hi,

TMS470M RAM debugging: Should work without any problems.
    Flash debugging: Currently, the J-Link software does NOT come with a flashloader for the TMS470M internal flash memory. This is on our ToDo list.
    I am not sure if Keil already provides a flash loader for this device or if you are using your own one.

When using a flashloader from Keil or created a custom one used by uVision, please note the following:
    keil.com/support/docs/3410.htm

Best regards
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Alex,
    OK, so I will need to write a flash programming routine... I was under the impression that there were routines in place. OK, I can do that.
    Any thoughts on the crashing? I have tried keil 4.10, 4.21, and 4.53. All crash when starting debugging with Jlink DLL 4.46f. Any ideas what other releases support the TMS470M? I have 4.40 running at the moment, and it does not crash.....
    thanks,
    Phil
  • Hi Phil,

Can you provide a sample project that allows us to reproduce the problem here?

Best regards
    Alex

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Hi Phil,

I have also contacted support@segger.com, but not had any reponse!

Should not happen. Could you please let me know the subject of the e-mail you sent so I can check if it was somewhat overlooked?

In general, regarding J-Link support you can get in touch with segger.com/support/technical-support/ directly.

Best regards
    Alex