TMS570LS3137 Flash ECC Program/Verify

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• TMS570LS3137 Flash ECC Program/Verify

Hello,
    I am trying to use the J-Link to program and verify the Flash ECC memory region of the TMS570LS3137 part. I am not receiving any errors in programming/reading this memory region (0xF0400000 - 0xF0460000), however when I read back the memory it does not match what I attempted to load. Also of note, the flash download dialog does not come up when writing to the ECC flash memory area.
    I am simply using loadbin and savebin commands from the jlink command line interface with exec device=TMS570LS3137. Is there a reason this does not seem to work properly? I am able to program the 3MB program flash memory area and verify it using the same method.
    As a side note, the reported RAM size of this part is 196KB, when it actually has 256KB.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Example:
    J-Link>loadbin load.bin, 0x00000000
    Loading binary file... [load.bin]
    Writing bin data into target memory @ 0x00000000.
    Info: J-Link: Flash download: Flash programming performed for 0 ranges (0 bytes)
    Info: J-Link: Flash download: Total time needed: 15.677s (Prepare: 5.436s, Compare: 6.832s, Program: 0.000s, Verify: 0.0
    00s, Restore: 3.408s)
    J-Link>loadbin loadECC.bin, 0xF0400000
    Loading binary file... [loadECC.bin]
    Writing bin data into target memory @ 0xF0400000.
    J-Link>
  • Hi,

As a side note, the reported RAM size of this part is 196KB, when it actually has 256KB.

We will correct this. Thanks for pointing it out.

I am trying to use the J-Link to program and verify the Flash ECC memory region of the TMS570LS3137 part. I am not receiving any errors in programming/reading this memory region (0xF0400000 - 0xF0460000), however when I read back the memory it does not match what I attempted to load. Also of note, the flash download dialog does not come up when writing to the ECC flash memory area.

Currently, only programming of the main flash memory is supported by J-Link since this is what is usually wanted by the user.
    J-Link uses the "auto ECC generation" feature, provided by the TI F021 flash library.
    So, when programming flash memory, the ECC of the data is always calculated and also written to the ECC area automatically by the TI Flash library code.

There might be an extension that also explicit programming of the ECC area ONLY is supported by J-Link, but currently, there are no plans for this.

Best regards
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.