[SOLVED]Bug on STR911FAM44 ?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED]Bug on STR911FAM44 ?

After 3 hours lost i found a strange problem using the str911fam44.

If i set boot bank 1 and i try to write the bank0 , there are tons of errors
    (the same bytes are reflected in all the sectors) but I can write successful
    the bank1. The problem is the same with boot bank0 and trying to write in bank1.

The only working ways are:
    - if boot bank is 0 then device STR911FAM44 and write ONLY the bank0
    - if boot bank is 1 then device STR911FAM44 (Bootbank: 1) and write ONLY the bank1

Is not possible to write in the both banks using different address indipendent from the boot bank?
  • Hi,

First of all it would help to know which software you are using...
    Are you working with an IDE?
    If yes, which one?
    Are you working with J-Flash?
    Are you performing flash programming via J-Link Commander?

What are you trying to do?

Best regards
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • >First of all it would help to know which software you are using...
    >Are you working with an IDE?
    >If yes, which one?
    >Are you working with J-Flash?
    >Are you performing flash programming via J-Link Commander?

I'm working with iar but i don't know why, i have many problems with this micro. For this, all my tests are using J-Flash ARM (should be 4.43h)

>What are you trying to do?

What i tried to do, is write the bank different than boot bank.

Exactly, i have a loader in bank1 and boot bank is 1. I want write the firmware (in bank0) without change the boot bank flag.
  • Hi,

I performed some tests with J-Flash + STR912FAW44 (should not make any difference).

1) Target is configured for booting from bank 0.
    Flash layout:
    Bank 0 starts at 0x0 (512 KB in size)
    Bank1 starts at 0x80000 (32 KB in size)

I use bb0.jflash and 32K_at0x80000.mot to program data into the non-boot-bank (bank 1, 32 KB)

2) I use the STR9 commander to switch the boot bank. ("setb 1" command)
    Now flash layout is:
    Bank 1 starts at 0x0 (32 KB in size)
    Bank 0 starts at 0x80000 (512 KB in size)

3) I use bb1.jflash and 512K_at0x80000.mot to program data into the non-boot-bank (bank 0, 512 KB)

So far, I do not see any problems in doing so.
    Please find attached the files I am referring to in my post above.

Best regards
    Alex
    Files
    • Test.zip

(371.56 kB, downloaded 675 times, last: )

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Many thanks for your nice answer and help.

Just a question, can't i use bb0 when the boot block is 1 (or viceversa) ?

I thought bb0/bb1 initialize the fmi to map the memory in different way and it was not related to the boot bank flag.

Thanks again very much for your great support!
  • Hi,

The device selection in J-Flash (with or without "Bootbank: 1") refers to the current bootbank config of the micro.
    It does not explicitly perform the bootbank selection.

In other words:
    When selecting the "Bootbank: 1" device name, J-Flash expects bank 1 (the small 32 KB one) to be already selected as boot bank and mapped to 0.

Best regards
    Alex