Flasher ARM RS232 Communication issues

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Flasher ARM RS232 Communication issues

Okay, I am a bit stumped on this one, and I wanted to see if anyone here might have some ideas. I have a Flasher ARM programmed and running in standalone mode by pushing the button to program a STM32F103C6. Via the button, it programs fine. However, I am trying to make this part of a programming/testing setup, and I want our plc to be able to send an ascii command in order to trigger the programming step.

Now, through putty (a terminal client), I can send an ascii command to the Flasher and trigger the program. Through the same program, I can see that the plc is sending the correct ascii information that I need in order to trigger the programming steup (both "#AUTO" and "#AUTO NOINFO"). For the plc's send command, I have tried including the carriage return in several ways; included in the text as the hex code $0d and as a special termination value, and combinations of the two. all of this comes through the terminal client as I would expect to see it. However, when I plug plc into the Flasher, I get no response.

The plc port is set to the correct specifications (9600 baud, 8 and 1 with no parity) and I cannot seem to get any response from the flasher. Is there possibly some RTS delay I need to build in? Or is there anything else it seems I am missing?