does jlink still support my device?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• does jlink still support my device?

first post: I'd like to describe the problem that im experiencing

I've been using the Jlink with IAR Embedded Workbench 6.30 for some time. after updating the Jlink firmware, i was unable to download code to my Beekit Sensor Node (its an eval board using the Freescale MC13224 ARM ). the jlink was unable to connect to the CPU, and the flashloader was unable to load the .out file from my computer.

I closed down my IAR projects and got the SEEGER software tools, confirmed my update to software version March - 19 - 2012 using the Jlink configuration program. Then using the JFlash ARM program i attempted to connect to my device, but was not able to find my device in the available selections (see attached image) and unable to connect to the Jtag device.

my question to the community is this:

• are there any other users experiencing issues similar to this since the update?
    • can i use the segger software to verify Jtag connectivity to my specific hardware?
    • are there any special things i must setup in IAR embedded workbench after updating my Jlink?
    Images
    • untitled.JPG

133.68 kB, 915×709, viewed 770 times
  • Hi,

For using J-Flash with the Freescale MC13224, you MUST use the MC13224V_internalSPI.jflash project that comes with J-Flash (Select File->Open project to open the project).

Best regards
    Alex
    Images
    • MC13224V_JFlashProject.gif

12.12 kB, 563×412, viewed 708 times
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.