Using two J-Links via JLINKGDBSERVER

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Using two J-Links via JLINKGDBSERVER

Hello, I read the post on connecting two j-links via a TCPIP server but I would like two be able to connect to two boards via the jlinkgdbserver. (/index.php?page=Thread&postID=…t=gdb+server+-usb#post199) Currently I have two j-links hooked to my computer and I set one as usb device 0 and the other as usb device 1. I tried playing around with jlinkgdbserver -port 111 -usb 0
    But it seems as if the -usb command is only supported by the TCPIP server? I am trying to connect and debug a digi board but am unable to through the tcpip server. I modified the .gdbinit file on the client computer such that it will point towards the ip and port on the host computer where I want to have multiple j-links connected to multiple boards. Is there a way to do this? My problem now is that I have multiple j-links hooked to one computer but every instance of the jlinkgdbserver connects to the same j-link and board.

Also, when remotely connecting like this the client computer does not display any of the information concerning the board such as the information held within the target status box. Is there any way to get this information?

I am running the beta version of the J-Link software. Thanks!
  • Hello atesterp,

currently it's not possible to tell the J-Link GDB Server to which usb port to connect.
    We will add a command line option which enables the J-Link GDB Server to connect to another usb port than port 0.
    I will inform you as soon as the new beta version is available.

Currently it not possible to get the status information shown by the J-Link GDB Server, via the J-Link TCP/IP Server.

Best regards,

Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Using two J-Links via JLINKGDBSERVER

I am also in need of a GDB Server that will allow selection between two USB connected JLink modules. I have two boards, one with an ARM9 and the other with an ARM7 that communicate through the SPI bus and need to develop / debug code on both simultaneously. I have not yet found a good alternative without a "new" GDB Server.