About emWin trial version

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• About emWin trial version

Hi guys,
    Currently I'm just a beginner in emWin. I know that this software is use to create the GUI for touchscreen LCD. I've downloaded the trial version of emWin (SeggerEval_WIN32_MSVC_GUI_V514) and I am wondering how do we use it? It doesn't seems like containing a software.
  • Hello,

what you have downloaded is the emWin simulation.
    It's a project for Microsoft Visual Studio, please have a look herefor more information.
    With it it's possible to work with emWin without any target hardware.
    If you want to evaluate emWin with target hardware please have a look here.

Best regards,
    Til
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • SEGGER - Til wrote:

Hello,

what you have downloaded is the emWin simulation.
    It's a project for Microsoft Visual Studio, please have a look herefor more information.
    With it it's possible to work with emWin without any target hardware.
    If you want to evaluate emWin with target hardware please have a look here.

Best regards,
    Til
    Yes. I have use the microsoft visual C++ 2010 Express to open the project file.

Even though the GUIDEMO simulation can run when I compile, it always contain some errors below:
    'GUISimulationDebug.exe': Loaded 'C:\Dev 2012\Multibay Top-Up\Documents\SeggerEval_WIN32_MSVC_GUI_V514\Exe\GUISimulationDebug.exe', Cannot find or open the PDB file
    'GUISimulationDebug.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
    'GUISimulationDebug.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\kernel32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
    'GUISimulationDebug.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\KernelBase.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
    'GUISimulationDebug.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\winmm.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
    'GUISimulationDebug.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcrt.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
    'GUISimulationDebug.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\user32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
    'GUISimulationDebug.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\gdi32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
    'GUISimulationDebug.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\lpk.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
    'GUISimulationDebug.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\usp10.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
    'GUISimulationDebug.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\advapi32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
    'GUISimulationDebug.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\sechost.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
    'GUISimulationDebug.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\rpcrt4.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
    'GUISimulationDebug.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\sspicli.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
    'GUISimulationDebug.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\cryptbase.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
    'GUISimulationDebug.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\imm32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
    'GUISimulationDebug.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msctf.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
    'GUISimulationDebug.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\nvinit.dll', Binary was not built with debug information.
    'GUISimulationDebug.exe': Loaded 'C:\Program Files\CheckPoint\ZAForceField\WOW64\Plugins\ISWSHEX.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
    'GUISimulationDebug.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.6195_none_d09154e044272b9a\msvcr80.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
    'GUISimulationDebug.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\wintrust.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
    'GUISimulationDebug.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\crypt32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
    'GUISimulationDebug.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msasn1.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
    'GUISimulationDebug.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.6195_none_d09154e044272b9a\msvcp80.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
    'GUISimulationDebug.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ole32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
    'GUISimulationDebug.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntmarta.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
    'GUISimulationDebug.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Wldap32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
    'GUISimulationDebug.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\uxtheme.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
    'GUISimulationDebug.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\dwmapi.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
    Application started'GUISimulationDebug.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\oleaut32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
    The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x1128) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
    The program '[1432] GUISimulationDebug.exe: Native' has exited with code 0 (0x0).
    Do you guys know what is this problem?

Why is it sometimes when I 'include' a application folder, the files inside the folder still shows no entry sign?