J-LINK communication Error

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• J-LINK communication Error

Hi All,

I am using STR735 MCU and J-Link-ks(Yellow one). Whenever I try to connect with target it gives following error "Bad J-Tag communication: write IR: expected x01 got x0f ( TAP command :15) @ Off x05"

Please help me to know what could be the cause??

Another question: If I use vcc-5V target, do I need to use segger 5V adapter?

Thanks and regards
    Venak

The post was edited 2 times, last by Venkat ().

• Hello Venkat,

a little more information about this problem would be useful:
    Which J-Link software version do you use?
    Does the J-Link connect to your target if you use JLink.exe?
    Do you use an eval board or a custom hardware?

>>Another question: If I use vcc-5V target, do I need to use segger 5V adapter?
    The J-Link 5V adapter is required when your target has JTAG signals at voltage levels higher than 3.3V
    Since hardware version 5.4 the JTAG interface of J-Link is 5V tolerant.
    For more information about the J-Link 5V adapter and how to determine your hardware version, please refer
    to the J-Link / J-Trace User Guide chapter 7.5 "5 Volt adapter" and 7.6 "How to determine the hardware version".

Best regards,

Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.