Fujitsu MB9DF126 J-Link debugging problem

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Fujitsu MB9DF126 J-Link debugging problem

Hello all,

I am using a Fujistu MB9DF126 evaluation board (see mcu.emea.fujitsu.com/mcu_tool/…SK-MB9EF120-002-JLINK.htm) together with a Segger J-Link (JTAG SWD + SWO) debugger.
    I am able to flash my project by means of Fujitsu SOC Wizard but I have problems when I debug with Keil uVision v4.23.
    I manage to connect with uVision but when I start to step through the code I get the following J-Link error: "Could not stop Cortex-M device! Please check the JTAG cable.".
    The error message sounds kind of confusing because my device is a Cortex-R4F and I hope is configured correctly (please see the attached .zip file).

Trying to isolate the problem I saw that some basic commands under J-Link commander are reporting issues:
    1) "reset" reports: "WARNING: CPU not halted after Reset, halting using Halt request".
    2) "go" reports: "****** Error: CPU is not halted".

Thus I guess I should not blame uVision as the basic J-Link communication is not working properly. I tried to adjust the communication speed but I was not successful.
    I don't know where exactly shall I check deeper...has anyone an idea what could it be? Any suggestion is welcome.

Thanks,
    Mihai
    Files
  • Hi,

The Fujitsu MB9DF126 needs a so called "J-Link script file".
    For more information about J-Link script files in general as well as how to execute J-Link script files, please refer to UM08001, 5.10.

The script file is needed since this device requires some very device specific special handling (especially after boot-up and reset)
    which is handled in the J-Link script file.

Could you please get in touch with Fujitsu directly, since they should already have a script file for this device?

Best regards
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.