Timeout while programming sector core does not stop

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Timeout while programming sector core does not stop

Hi,

I am using a j-link pro with IAR workbench 5.50.5 on Windows 7 64bit with an ARM STM32F103x
    I have upgraded to the latest drivers on your website (4.42b I was using 4.31f) – but it hasn’t helped ( By doing this it reprogrammed the j link debugger )
    If I set a break point and then step through the code the debugger stops working.
    First the debugger tries to reprogram the flash. Then I get the error "Timeout while programming sector, core does not stop".
    I then have to abort and restart the iar debugger . What’s going on?
    [img]http://i1154.photobucket.com/albums/p530/lgfen/j-link_reprogram.png[/img]

[img]http://i1154.photobucket.com/albums/p530/lgfen/j-link_error.png[/img]
  • Hi,

We are not aware of any problems here.
    What device exactly are you working with? (ST distinguish between low density, medium density, high density and XL density devices)

Are you working on an eval board? If yes, could you provide the project you are working with, so we can reproduce the problem here?
    Does to problem also occur if you replace your application by some simple code like and step through it?:
    volatile int _Cnt;
    do {
    _Cnt++;
    _Cnt++;
    _Cnt++;
    _Cnt++;
    _Cnt++;
    _Cnt++;
    _Cnt++;
    _Cnt++;
    _Cnt++;
    _Cnt++;
    _Cnt++;
    _Cnt++;
    } while(1);

Best regards
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • The device we are using is a STM32F103VFT6 - an XL density device.

No this is a problem when using our actual target hardware. I don't have any eval boards.

I presume you just need an elf file? Or do you need all the source?If so how do I send it to you?

This does not happen when I use the yellow IAR systems JLink for ARM Processor
    (iar.com/en/Products/Hardware-Debug-probes/IAR-J-Link)
    I presume that is just a rebranded version of your debugger?
  • Hi,

I presume you just need an elf file? Or do you need all the source?If so how do I send it to you?

What we would need is a project for EWARM which we can run on an eval board, so we can reproduce here what you are doijg (stepping through the code and setting the breakpoint)
    So only an elf file does not help much here...

This does not happen when I use the yellow IAR systems JLink for ARM Processor

Could you please also create a screenshot of the "General" tab of the control panel when debugging with the IAR-branded J-Link?

I am wondering a bit why it should make a difference when using another J-Link because the flash programming itself is performed by the DLL
    which is the same in both cases.

Did you also try the suggestion from my last post (modifying the application)
    in order to check if it depends on the target contents if the error occurs or not?

Best regards
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.