Segger SAM-ICE: JLink Detects ARM Target but GDB Server Does Not!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Segger SAM-ICE: JLink Detects ARM Target but GDB Server Does Not!

Good day Segger Forum,

I have installed the Segger ATMEL SAM_ICE. If I run the JLink software, the JLink detects the ARM target correctly. However, if I run the JLinkGDBServer, no target is found (see attachment). I am going through the Yagarto setup and the Yagarto setup (see attachment) shows the GDB connected to the target.

I'd presume that if the JLink can see the development kit's ARM, surely this means the board works and that the GDB Server should also be able to see it?

Would you be able to kindly assist me with this?

Please do not hesitate to ask me for more information should you need :)

Best regards,
    Warren
    Images
    • SeggerMine.JPG

80.91 kB, 542×643, viewed 864 times
    • SeggerYagarto.JPG

46.27 kB, 546×392, viewed 895 times
  • Hi Warren,

the behavior of the GDBServer has been changed a bit.
    The problem in the old implementation was, that GDBServer was always trying connecting directly to the target when starting up
    which did not allow the user to setup some basic settings like target endianess and initial JTAG speed which are necessary to guarantee a proper target connection.
    The new version of the GDBServer waits to connect to the target until GDB requests a connection to the GDBServer.

As soon as you connect to the GDBServer, it connects to the target.
    Example:
    (Windows + r): arm-none-eabi-gdb
    (gdb) target remote localhost:2331
    --> Now GDBServer connects to the target

Best regards
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.