LPC1788 with emWin loading issues

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• LPC1788 with emWin loading issues

Hello,

I am completely lost with emWin on my LPC1788 processor.
    I’ve searched around the net for days for the solution to my issues and very
    few people have the actual issue without any resolution being posted.

Here’s the situation.

I’m trying to load emWin into my personal LPC1788 setup
    using Raisonance Ride7. I’ve downloaded the emWin 5.12 libraries from LPCWare and
    I use the libraries for Keil uVision here:
    lpcware.com/content/project/emwin-graphics-library

I add the file “GUI.lib” from the GUI directory to an
    existing project, and I also include the file “GUI.h” to the existing
    application.

I then put “GUI_Init()” in my main function and as far as I
    can see, I’ve fulfilled all of the requirements to have a functioning but non
    visual emWin application. But that is not the case.

I immediately get hundreds of compiler errors saying
    “GUIConf.h” cannot be found amongst a few others. So I search through the
    folders provided with emWin 5.12 libraries and I find the missing files
    necessary. I add them to the include directory and proceed.

Now I’d down to these issues with many many warnings

Running: LD Linker
    c:/program files/raisonance/ride/arm-gcc/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.5.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: Warning: C:\Documents and Settings\Patrick\Desktop\LPC_UART0 w emWin\emWin\emWin_512_Cortex_M3_LE.lib(WM_Move.o): Conflicting platform configuration
    c:/program files/raisonance/ride/arm-gcc/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.5.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: warning: C:\Documents and Settings\Patrick\Desktop\LPC_UART0 w emWin\emWin\emWin_512_Cortex_M3_LE.lib(WM_Move.o) uses 2-byte wchar_t yet the output is to use 4-byte wchar_t; use of wchar_t values across objects may fail
    c:/program files/raisonance/ride/arm-gcc/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.5.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: Warning: C:\Documents and Settings\Patrick\Desktop\LPC_UART0 w emWin\emWin\emWin_512_Cortex_M3_LE.lib(GUICC_888_Index2Color.o): Conflicting platform configuration
    c:/program files/raisonance/ride/arm-gcc/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.5.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: warning: C:\Documents and Settings\Patrick\Desktop\LPC_UART0 w emWin\emWin\emWin_512_Cortex_M3_LE.lib(GUICC_888_Index2Color.o) uses 2-byte wchar_t yet the output is to use 4-byte wchar_t; use of wchar_t values across objects may fail
    c:/program files/raisonance/ride/arm-gcc/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.5.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: C:\Documents and Settings\Patrick\Desktop\LPC_UART0 w emWin\UART0.elf section `.bss' will not fit in region `RAM'
    c:/program files/raisonance/ride/arm-gcc/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.5.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: region `RAM' overflowed by 4135152 bytes
    C:\Documents and Settings\Patrick\Desktop\LPC_UART0 w emWin\emWin\emWin_512_Cortex_M3_LE.lib(GUI_Core.o): In function `GUI__Config':
    C:\Temp\emWin 5.12\emWin Source\MakeLib_IAR421_M3_LE\temp\Source\GUI_Core.c:(.text+0x94): undefined reference to `LCD_X_Config'
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

You can see that at the end of the attempt it is still asking for LCD_X_Config,
    along with RAM region overflowed.

Does anyone know what I should do next? There is also mention of using Makelib at
    the beginning of the emWin 5.12 manual and their statement of where I can find
    the BAT files to do the work, but I can’t find them anywhere.

BTW, I had to take a number of Warnings off the top of the post since I cannot post that long a message in this box.

Thanks,
    Patrick