emFile integration with embOs

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• emFile integration with embOs

Function FS_X_OS_Init() called from FS_Init. According to description user will need to create four binary semaphores.
    Unfortunately it's impossible to change NumLocks parameter of FS_X_OS_Init. it's equal 1 always even FS_OS_LOCKING define is changed for value 2.
    Any solution for me ?

10x

• Hi, Sohoil.

Thought I would recount to you the behaviour of my system in this respect.

If I build my program using a Multilock version of the File System library. And #define FS_OS_LOCKING as 0 in the file ‘FS_Conf.h’. I see a value of 2 passed into the function FS_X_OS_Init through the argument NumLocks.

If I change the #define to equate FS_OS_LOCKING to 2. I still see a value of 2 passed into the function FS_X_OS_Init through the argument NumLocks.

Sorry I cannot be of more help.

Regards

Tobermory

• Hello,

@Sohoil
    The number of semaphores required is computed by emFile at runtime like this:
    - no locking (FS_OS_LOCKING == 0) -> no semaphores
    - coarse lock granularity (FS_OS_LOCKING == 1) -> 1 semaphore
    - fine lock granularity (FS_OS_LOCKING == 2) -> 1 + <number of drivers> semaphores

@Tobermory
    When using emFile in library form setting FS_OS_LOCKING has no effect.
    The required level of locking can be selected by linking the appropriate library.
    This is the reason why emFile requires 2 semaphores even if FS_OS_LOCKING is set to 0.

Best regards,
    Marius
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.