[SOLVED][J-Link + J-Flash] Programming external flash memory in a custom AT91RM9200 based board.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED][J-Link + J-Flash] Programming external flash memory in a custom AT91RM9200 based board.

Hi,

I'm interested in using J-Link/J-FlashBundle (8.08.11) for external flash programming of a custom ARM based board.

The custom board has:
    • AT91RM9200 uController
    • External Flash memory: Sharp LH28F128BFHT-PTTL75A (8Mb x 16)
    • External SDRAM: Micron MT48LC8M16A2
    • 20 pin JTAG ICE connector

I need to take the .MEM file obtained from a Green Hills Multi compiler and program it using J-Link/J-Flash into the external Sharp Flash memory.

Regarding the combination of AT91RM9200 and Sharp’s LH28F128BFHT-PTTL75A, I have the following questions:

1. Do I have to set-up or configure the J-Link device?

2. Do I have to set-up or configure a new project for the J-Flash application (including init sequence)?

3. Could I use a sample project (i.e.:AT91RM9200_EK.jflash) and adapt it easily to our board hardware? And after that, save it and use it for next time?

Thanks in advance!

Diego.
  • Hi Diego,

1. Do I have to set-up or configure the J-Link device?
    2. Do I have to set-up or configure a new project for the J-Flash application (including init sequence)?
    3. Could I use a sample project (i.e.:AT91RM9200_EK.jflash) and adapt it easily to our board hardware? And after that, save it and use it for next time?

Yes, you will need a J-Flash project to use J-Flash in order to program your device.
    The AT91RM9200_EK.flash project may be used with small modifications if your hardware is almost compatible to the eval board
    but even if it is not, it should be max. 1 day of work to get you up and running.

Best regards
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Diego,

Thanks for the feedback.
    Good to hear that it worked for you without any additional modification.

Best regards
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.