[SOLVED] Jlink cant connect to STM32F746 chip

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Jlink cant connect to STM32F746 chip

Good day!

I have board with STM32F746NG MCU with an swd debug port.

And i have Jlink v8 SN 58006546

But all my attempts to connect it is unsuccesfull.
    it looks like on screenshot.

what am I doing wrong?

Thank you, Ilia.
  • Hello Cebotor,

Unfortunately, your J-Link V8 does not support Cortex M7.

Cortex M7 is supported by

J-Link BASE / PLUS V9 or higher
    J-Link ULTRA+ / PRO V4 or higher

We would recommend to make use of the SEGGER Trade-In-Program in order to get a recent J-Link probe
    which includes Cortex M7 support: segger.com/trade-in-program.html

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Ilia,

It upsets me because version 8 is actively sold in our country by your official distributor - Terraelectronica

I will check with our marketing department what our opinion on this topic is. I will keep you posted.

on old HW, before 205 chip inside

I do not really understand the expression "before 205 chip inside".
    Nevertheless, we updated the V8 firmware over several years and provided new features. In the end, we even ran out of space for bigger firmwares (!).
    At some point in time, a unit is out of support. J-Link V8 was succeeded by J-Link V9 in 2012.

Could you tell me at which date you bought this J-Link V8? (and who was the distributor?)

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • I will check with our marketing department what our opinion on this topic is. I will keep you posted.

After second request found that the currently available V9 (terraelectronica). Its my fault - I saw only irrelevant description on the site.

I do not really understand the expression "before 205 chip inside".

Sorry my bad English.
    from docs on jlink :
    "Version 9.1
    New design based on STM32F205."
    I only mean that v8 and v9 have different firmware(different MCU) and v8 "a unit is out of support"- i didn't know this before.

Could you tell me at which date you bought this J-Link V8? (and who was the distributor?)

Oh, the checks did not survive :)

Thank you for support, Niklas!

Regards, Ilia.