You are not logged in.

• Login
  • Register

SergeyTTT

Beginner

Date of registration: May 21st 2015

Wednesday, June 10th 2015, 9:53am

How to program microcontrollers?

Hello everybody! I am a new guy in programing microcontrollers. I have some problem with this. I have J-Link EDU, CodeWarrior the latest version, and PLC Stamp 1 with some example projects. Now question, how can I download (flash) one of this project into microcontroller? Which option should I use?

SEGGER - Erik

Super Moderator

Date of registration: Dec 20th 2011

Wednesday, June 10th 2015, 10:04am

Hi,

A step by step instruction, how to prepare your project to run / debug in flash using CodeWarrior is give on our website: https://www.segger.com/IDE_Integration_Freescale.html.

- Erik

SergeyTTT

Beginner

Date of registration: May 21st 2015

Wednesday, June 10th 2015, 10:38am

Hi Eric. Thank you for the reply. I did all steps like in the site. Now when I try to debug my project I get an error:

"An application file was not specified in the launch configuration"

What could it mean?

Ok. This error does not exist anymore. But I still don't understand I debugged controller or not? I need just to choose Run-Debug? That is all I need to program controller?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "SergeyTTT" (Jun 10th 2015, 11:43am)

SEGGER - Alex

Super Moderator

Date of registration: Dec 18th 2007

Thursday, June 11th 2015, 11:30am

Hi Sergey,

Please understand that we cannot provide support to get started with third party utilities (like Freescale CodeWarrior).
Usually all you need to do when using J-Link:
Make sure that you have selected the correct MCU in your IDE project (here Codewarrior).
Then simply start the debug session.
J-Link will take care of flashing the application etc. automatically.

Best regards
Alex