External Flash debugging on Freescale MK61

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• External Flash debugging on Freescale MK61

I am currently using IAR Embedded Workbench and J-Link Plus and trying to configure the tools to allow running from external flash and setting software breakpoints. My hardware is as follows:
    • Freescale MK61FN1M0VMJ12 ARM M4
    • Micron PC28F512P33EFA 64MB external CFI NOR flash (2 chips selected by CS0 and CS2)
    • Renases R1LV1616R 2MB external SRAM (selected by CS3)
    Do you have any IAR or JFLASH samples that I could use as a starting point for the above configuration?
    I have seen references to a STM32F407IE_1x16bit_CFI_NOR_nCS0_IARV6405 project. Will the same concept work with my hardware?

Thanks in advance for any information that you can provide.
  • Hi,

A detailed instruction, of which steps have to be performed to allow debugging (incl. flash breakpoints etc...) in CFI complaint flashes for various debuggers is given in chapter "6.5 Setup for various debuggers (CFI faslh)" of the J-Link user manual (UM08001). The STM32F407IE IAR project can be used as reference but need to be adapted to your setup as a different device (different register layout, different ext. memory controller, etc...) is used.

Do you have any IAR or JFLASH samples that I could use as a starting point for the above configuration?
    The J-Link software and documentation package includes some J-Flash sample projects for different chips, which shows howto setup the CFI flash in J-Flash. The sample projects are located under %INST_DIR%\Samples\JFlash\ProjectFiles\ (e.g. Fujitsu -> MB9BF618T_1x16_CFI_NORFlash.jflash).

- Erik
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.