[SOLVED] SES - Brace and hook not working.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] SES - Brace and hook not working.

Hello

I am on MAC OSX High Sierra 10.13 on working with SES 3.34a.

I have an issue when I want to use the hook ([]) and the brace ({}) in the editor space only. It is then not working.
    However, if Try in the source navigator field or in the find field (menu->search->find) or even in preference it is working without any problem.

It is then very annoying to develop without {,},[ and ] character!
    Can anyone have an idea of what is going on ?

Thanks in advance.
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    The issue is known and has already been fixed in the internal build: forum.segger.com/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=4986

A release is planned next week.
    Just to make sure your keyboard layout is also fixed, which one have you set?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello,

Thanks for your feedback
    That's a such a good news !

I tried on the default keyboard of my MAC (MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)) and also on my external logitech K800 keyboard. On both brace and hook are not working.

Will it be compatible for the next release ?
    Thanks in advance
  • Hello,

To make sure the external keyboard issue is not a new one could you see if Embedded Studio V3.34 works?
    You can find it on the download page as well under button "Older versions".
    It should be only the 3.34a currently with the issue.

If it is working for you with 3.34 then it will work again with 3.34b as well.

Best regards,
    Nino

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Hello,

Yes you are right, I have no problem with the older 3.34 version on the MAc and logitech keyboards.
    What a pleasure to be able to use the brace which is quite useful when coding!

looking forward the 3.34b
    Thanks for your support
  • Hello,

Great to hear that the 3.34 is working for you as well.
    We will consider this thread as solved now.

Best regards,
    Nino