Is is possible to log the output of JFlashSPI_CL (command line)?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Is is possible to log the output of JFlashSPI_CL (command line)?

Hi,
    Trying to log the output of command line version of JFlashSPI. Manual (UM08001) says there is a command line option "-jflashlog", however, if I include it into my batch file, log is not being created, even though I can see programming activity on the screen. If I run the GUI version, logging works as expected. But I need command line, for automation.
    My script looks like:

Source Code

1. start "JFlashSPI_CL.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Segger\JLink_V630k\JFlashSPI_CL.exe" -USB600000000 -jflashlog -openprj "C:\projects\test_data.jflash" -open "C:\projects\test_data.hex" -connect -erasechip -programverify -disconnect -exit
    2. IF ERRORLEVEL 1 goto ERROR
    3. goto END
    4. :ERROR
    5. ECHO J-Flash SPI: Error!
    6. pause
    7. :END

Thank you!
    Martynas
  • Hello Martynas,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Unfortunately jflashlog is currently only supported in the GUI version of JFlash SPI. We will fix this short term for the CL version and make it available.
    The documentation will also be updated as it is currently misleading as a path needs to be passed as well just like you do with openprj for example.
    Sorry for any inconveniences caused.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello,

The fix is already implemented internally. A release version is planned on Friday as part of our weekly patched release.
    Until then we suggest using the non CL version of JFlashSPI that supports the same CL options if you need the log file.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.