[SOLVED] Unable to use openprjC command does this need a license

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Unable to use openprjC command does this need a license

Good morning,

I have created a project and can manually load a bin file using the Jflash application into an nrf device.
    When i use C# to call JFLASH as a process I can succesfully load whatever the last opened project was by using process arguments
    process.StartInfo.Arguments = "/C JFlash.exe -auto -exit"
    I can also erase the device.

What i cannot get to work is opening the project using the following strings as a process argument.
    process.StartInfo.Arguments = "JFlash.exe -openprjC:\\Program Files (x86)\\SEGGER\\JLink_V618\\Samples\\JFlash\\ProjectFiles\\XYZ.jflash";

I also tried running this through command line and manually typing.
    It opens Jflash application but reports fail to load the project.

What i find strange is the .jflash files are not visible by exploring the files in windows explorer, they are only visible as locked item icons when using Jflash application with File/Open project and browsing like this.

I have seen another thread where it was advised that you could simply double click a .jflash file and this would open the project. This makes me think that this is therefore a license issue and when i call it from another application it simply cannot find the file.

I have just uploaded two screen shots,
    1 which shows the JFLASH screen after a failed project open attempt.
    The other was an attempt to copy the .jflash project (accessed through Jflash open project browser) and paste it somewhere else, the file is inaccessible.

Please help

Thanks

John
    Images
    • fail to open.PNG

5.26 kB, 398×112, viewed 260 times
    • inaccessible.PNG

18.3 kB, 486×302, viewed 340 times

The post was edited 2 times, last by Jaydee ().

• Hello John,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    What i find strange is the .jflash files are not visible by exploring the files in windows explorer, they are only visible as locked item icons when using Jflash application with File/Open project and browsing like this.

This is due to windows mirroring the file location from a temporary folder where no admin privileges are needed.
    Currently you are trying to load the project from Program Files/ where it only exists virtually.
    To work around this issue simply save your .jflash file in a folder where not admin rights are needed e.g. you user folder.
    Then the error should not appear anymore. This is unfortunately inconvenient behaviour by Windows.

Does this solve the issue?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Nino,

Thanks for the reply and the explanation about the files that makes perfect sense and I can see and use the file in that instance and loading works as expected. Thanks for your help

Best Regards

John
  • Hello John,

Great to hear that you are up and running again.
    This thread will now be considered as solved.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.