You are not logged in.

• Login
  • Register

leonhart88

Beginner

Date of registration: Mar 14th 2018

Thursday, March 15th 2018, 6:13pm

Autocomplete With the TAB key

This is somewhat of a general environment question. I'm quite used to using the TAB key to autocomplete on suggested code (like Visual Studio does with Intellisense and also like Keil uVision does).

Is there a way to accomplish this using SES? I've tried looking into custom hotkeys and stuff but couldn't find anything. It seems like only the Enter or Return key accepts an autocomplete.

Thanks!

tj7

Beginner

Date of registration: Feb 24th 2017

Friday, March 16th 2018, 8:08pm

Try Ctrl+J
Is it possible to remap it to another key ?

SEGGER - Nino

Super Moderator

Date of registration: Jan 2nd 2017

Monday, March 19th 2018, 9:05am

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
Ctrl+J is the right default combination.
Some Hotkeys are remappable.
You can find the file to edit under File->Open Studio Folder->Studio Folder->/bin/keyboard.xml

Before editing Embedded Studio must be closed and we suggest creating a backup of that file should editing go wrong.

Best regards,
Nino
Please read the forum rules before posting: Forum Rules

Keep in mind, this is not a support forum. Its main purposes is user to user interaction.
Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
Should you be entitled to support contact us per e-mail.
The following contact form can be used for this: https://www.segger.com/about-us/contact-us/

leonhart88

Beginner

Date of registration: Mar 14th 2018

Monday, March 19th 2018, 5:44pm

Hey Guys,

I believe CTRL+J brings up the code suggestions (intellisense). I've already remapped that to CTRL+SPACE as is common in many other environments.

However, I'm hoping to map the selection of suggested code to the TAB key. Currently TAB will NOT select a code suggestion, it will just add a TAB in the editor. I have to hit Enter or Return in order to choose a code suggestion. In many other IDEs hitting TAB will select a code suggestion.

I didn't see this as an option for remapping in the settings...so I presume this can't be modified then?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "leonhart88" (Mar 19th 2018, 5:47pm)