[SOLVED] Flasher ARM V4 Secure Area create fail -262

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Flasher ARM V4 Secure Area create fail -262

Trying to use stand-alone mode. Flasher ARM hw version 4, s/n 164104208. Firmware compiled 2/12/2015 (distributed with J-Flash 5.10d). Running on Win7-32 PC.

Following instruction in users guide:
    using J-Flash to save data & config to Flasher;
    enter MSD mode to create _SECURE folder & move everything into it;
    exit MSD mode;
    connect via serial;
    enter #AUTO.
    Seeing $BTL log on serial console. "Trying to open firmware file... ERR: File not found."

Does not appear to enter stand-alone mode.

Used J-Link to issue "securearea remove" and "securearea create" but always get -262.

This used to work.

Tried going through Segger support, but Alex Gruner insists I cannot be having a problem.
    Files
  • Hi,

We have fixed something related to the secure area in V6.20d of the J-Link software.
    Can you please give this version a quick try and provide feedback? Please note that
    for K60 series devices, you have to copy the DEVICE.PEX file located in the sub-directory FLASHER
    as well to the _SECURE folder structure:
    _SECURE\FLASHER.CFG
    _SECURE\FLASHER.DAT
    _SECURE\FLASHER (directory)
    _SECURE\FLASHER\DEVICE.PEX

Short feedback would be appreciated.

Best regards
    Erik
  • I have just installed J-Flash 6.30e and updated the firmware in the Flasher ARM as recommended. I am still unable to successfully run "securearea create" or securearea remove". 'create' gives me the -262. 'remove' gives me a timeout error -257. Is my Flasher ARM broken?
  • Under special circumstances, there was another problem with the
    securearea create / remove command. This has been fixed in V6.30g. Can
    you please give this version a quick try and provide feedback? If the
    issue persists, we will check if we can reproduce it with your older
    Flasher model (hw V4.1).

Best regards
    Erik