Monday, January 22nd 2018, 11:01am UTC+1

You are not logged in.

• Login
  • Register

Date of registration: Jan 11th 2018

Thursday, January 11th 2018, 11:34am

Flasher portable plus NOT storing multiple image files

Hi everyone!
I have just recently got a Flasher portable plus and programming and nRF 51822 AC with it. So I have been using J Flash software v6.22d. I had opened the .hex file by File->Open Data File
and it opens correctly. I connected my Flasher Portable Plus into the PC and selected File->Download Config and Data File to flasher. It downloads the "Flasher.cfg" and "Flasher.dat" file into the Flasher Portable Plus "Image 1" slot. And I also programmed my board using "PROG" button on the flasher and it works fine. :-)

But I want to load more than one .cfg and .dat file into the Flasher Portable Plus into different image slot so that I can program the boards easily by just selecting the image using "SEL" on the flasher. But when i open another .hex file and select File->Download Config and Data File to flasher . It seems that it overwrites the old Flasher.cfg and Flasher.dat file into the same Image slot without saving it to the other image slot like "Image 2". Basically so its like i can only store one image at a time in the flasher portable plus which is quiet inconvenient.

I know this is a newbie question but help will be highly appreciated, since i am new to this platform.

Thanks!
:-)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ahmed.hussain" (Jan 11th 2018, 12:01pm)

SEGGER - Nino

Super Moderator

Date of registration: Jan 2nd 2017

Thursday, January 11th 2018, 5:19pm

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.

The setup for multiple files with the Flasher Protable is described int he Flasher user manual (UM08022_Flasher) which can be found in your J-Link install folder under Doc/Manuals
There in Section 2.9 "Multiple file support" you will find information and a example on how to save multiple files onto the Flasher Portable Plus.

Best regards,
Nino