• Login
  • Register

Nairolf

Beginner

Date of registration: Jan 3rd 2018

Wednesday, January 3rd 2018, 1:30pm

Button problem

Hello,

For a project I have, I want to add product at the end of a specification process and I need access to process after they're created. An idea of mine is to add button linked to product every time I create a new one.
My problem is that I just can't get rid of it. I've tried to create button via every avaible method (BUTTON_Create, BUTTON_CreateEx, BUTTON_CreateIndirect...) but every time, either I supposedly have a button with a "callback" function but I'm not able to display it or I display correctly the button but his "callback" is the default one that I can't exploit.
So I need just a little help because I'm a bit lost in all those code lines. ;(

Thanks by advance,

Nairolf

SEGGER - Schoenen

Super Moderator

Date of registration: Aug 13th 2015

Wednesday, January 3rd 2018, 2:25pm

Hi,

Unfortunately, I'm not entirely sure what you mean by 'to add product at the end of a specification process'.

Do mean a window which represents a specific 'product' and you want to switch between the different windows on a click on the buttons?

Regards
Sven

Nairolf

Beginner

Wednesday, January 3rd 2018, 4:19pm

Hi Schoenen,

I've said product but it more like a production program. A menu allows to create new production program and I want to create in live the button used to select the correct program when the system is in production.
And a program is just a serie of values that the main program have to know before starting the production.

regards
nairolf

SEGGER - Schoenen

Super Moderator

Thursday, January 4th 2018, 2:15pm

Hi,

So you want to create some buttons in a menu and want to react on button press?

Attached is simple application which has 'menu' (which is nothing more than a window with some buttons). When pressing a button a TEXT widget displays which button has been pressed.

Regards
Sven
SEGGER - Schoenen has attached the following file:

Nairolf

Beginner

Thursday, January 4th 2018, 2:27pm

Hi,

Not exactly. I want a menu with button linked to a program.
And I want to dynamicaly add button to this menu if a new program is
created (on react of the validate button of program creator menu).
I already know how to react on button touch but, as I was saying, I'm not able to create a button with the behavior I want.

regards,

nairolf

SEGGER - Schoenen

Super Moderator

Thursday, January 4th 2018, 2:42pm

Hi,

So, you got a menu(1) with a button for each program. If you add a program from another(?) menu the first menu(1) should get an additional button?

Regards
Sven

SEGGER - Schoenen

Super Moderator

Thursday, January 4th 2018, 3:00pm

Hi,

maybe like this (see attachment).

Regards
Sven

Nairolf

Beginner

Thursday, January 4th 2018, 4:22pm

Hi,

That's what I want to do but how can I catch input on the newly created buttons ? Which callback are they attached to ?

regards,

Nairolf

SEGGER - Schoenen

Super Moderator

Thursday, January 4th 2018, 4:58pm

Hi,

I have modified my last example (attached). The buttons are created as child windows of the window with the callback _cbMenu(). Simply add a case WM_NOTIFY_PARENT to _cbMenu() and check which child sends the message. On button press the text in the background window gets changed.

Regards
Sven

Nairolf

Beginner

Monday, January 8th 2018, 3:29pm

Hi,

Thanks a lot ! I have not tested it so far because I'm busy on something else but it look like it is what I search for !

regards,

Nairolf