[SOLVED] Not able to connect/recognize J-Link OB via USB

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Not able to connect/recognize J-Link OB via USB

Hello

Eval Board: PAN1760A USB
    MCU: Atmel ATSAM3U2C
    Segger: J-Link OB
    J-Link: V616h

J-Link CDC UART is no longer showing up as a COM port and I'm not able to identify it with J-Link or J-LinkConfig (via USB). It was previously recognizable.
    I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the J-Link but to no Avail.

Any ideas?

Thank you
    Troy
  • Hello Troy,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Such a behaviour is not known to us.

What exactly was the working setup? Which J-Link software version did you use then?
    Could you use the latest J-Link software versions V6.22d and see if this resolves the issue?
    We tried to reproduce the issue with the eval boards we received form Panasonic and everything was working as expected.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Nino

The Panasonic kit comes with two USB eval boards.
    What exactly was the working setup? Which J-Link software version did you use then?
    I was running/using V616h on both boards.
    One of the boards is still functional and the JLink is recognized on a COM port. On this board LED 2 (Red) is illuminated. There is also a separate COM port for the USB Serial (that works).
    On the other board, the one where the JLink is not recognized, LED 2 (Red) is not illuminated. The separate COM port for the USB Serial does still work though.

Could you use the latest J-Link software versions V6.22d and see if this resolves the issue?
    I tried using V6.22d and unfortunately this did not resolve the issue.

Is it possible that I somehow damaged the JLink on the one board?

Thank you
    Troy
  • Hello Troy,

We just checked and also got 2 boards for testing from Panasonic.
    Similar to your description one of the boards works perfectly fine, the other one does not connect successfully to the host PC (red LED keeps blinking in our case).
    So it seems that the FW on the second J-Link OB is faulty.
    Unfortunately we do not have any documentation about that board so we can't give further support in that matter.
    Please contact Panasonic and ask for a replacement unit for the not functioning J-Link OB.

One thing you could try is to test the "broken" eval board on another PC without additional USB-Hubs in between.
    Does that change the behaviour of the board?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.